Tuesday 9 February 2016

Blogging: One Year On & Four Things It Has Taught Me


BONJOUR MES PETITES!! IT WAS MY 1ST BLOGGING BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!

I really can't believe that a year ago yesterday, I clicked 'Publish' on my very first blog post and I've persevered with it for so long.

I know that I am a very small fishie in a very large pond full of other blogger fishies that write better content (or just write better generally) than me but, you know what? I don't actually give a flying....sheep. I am who I am and if you don't like what I have to say, then you can just click the little 'x' on your browser. So there.

Blogging has taught me so much in the past year. I look back at my early days and it's a constant cringe-attack. "What was I thinking when I wrote that?" and "err...you call that a photo?"

I guess we all are beginners in the...errr...beginning and I'd like to think that I've improved somewhat.

Here are the four things that blogging has taught me:

1. How to touch-type. Sort of. I mean, I ain't ever going to be perfect at it. My style is bashing the keyboard and hoping that I'm hitting the right keys. Like this:


Saying that though, I am a lot faster than I used to be!

2. Blogging is a number's game. There will always be someone who has more followers/views than you and it is far too easy to get caught up in thinking that you aren't as good as them if you only have a handful of either. Whenever I start to get disheartened about this, I recite to myself:

"Jesus only had a few followers but Hitler had millions"

3. How to take a good photo. Lighting is vital and if you can't get the effect you want, use a photo editor to adjust exposure etc to get it to how you like it. The angle is rather important too.

4. Don't get stressed if you end up with writer's block/lack of motivation to write anything. It's your blog and you can post as often or as little as you like - there is no set rule! People, especially if they are fellow bloggers, will understand that sometimes life gets in the way.


Here's to another year of blogging! Who knows what the next year will bring.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! What an achievement! You've learnt some great things (ones I too have picked up on!) and you know what, sometimes it's fun to be a small fishy :)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the birthday wishes!
      i think if i was a "big fishie", I'd feel quite overwhelmed by it all.

      Delete