Tuesday 15 December 2015

BLOGMAS DAY FIFTEEN: Dried Orange Slices

Is there nothing more festive than the citrusy scent of oranges wafting through your house? (no. there isn't.) 

Two weeks ago when I went to Waddesdon Manor (click here for what I got up to), I bought one of these beauties from the market:


So I decided to try my hand at drying out oranges myself! Not to make anything like this (I would if I had the time though!) but I'm hopefully going to make something with them.

It's such an easy craft to do, I can't believe how simple it was.

1. Buy oranges.
2. Chop up oranges into thin slices.
3. Put onto kitchen roll for awhile to soak up excess juice.
4. Preheat your oven to as low as you can go. 
5. Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper. (Everyone on the interwebs seems to have different methods, but this one is working for me.)
6. Arrange slices onto tray.
7. "Bake" for 2-3 hours, although it may take longer depending on your oven, turning every 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven.

Here is what mine looks like:



SIMPLES! Apparently they last for years if you keep them in a airtight box.

Has anyone else got any tips on drying out oranges? 

No comments:

Post a Comment