Saturday 16 May 2015

Lush Haul


Ahhhh...Lush. I can't be the only one who goes into there for one thing and ends up with five, can I? Last Friday, after my walk through the park (check out the post about that here), I went into the Holy Land. All I needed was a new bottle of conditioner and, as you can see, I ended up spending more money than I meant to. Whoopsies.

1. Veganese Hair Conditioner - £14.25/500g
I think I may have mentioned before how vain I am about my hair. It's taken me years to find a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't weigh it down, and this is the conditioner. Yes, it's pricey, but you don't need to use a lot & the bottle lasts for aaaages. It's chock full of lovely smelling ingredients like lemon juice and lavender, and it also contains seaweed (well, agar agar gel), which is what makes your so hair soft. 
2. Flying Fox Shower Gel - £4.95/100g
Another favourite of mine, but I don't get it very often. If you don't like strong floral scents, then you probably won't like this one because it smells extremely jasminey and to be honest with you, I wasn't too sure about it at first either, but I've definitely grown to like it. This shower gel also has honey as one of its ingredients, which makes it super moisturising - good for the winter months when the cold weather makes your skin really dry and yicky!
3. Dreamtime Luxury Bath Melt - £3.35
New product for me! I've never used a Lush bath melt before but when I read the description of this, I thought "hey! I should give this a go!" This contains plenty of sleep-inducing ingredients, such as lavender and camomile, which are supposed to help you on the way to the Land of Nod. I am one of those people who no matter how tired I out of bed, as soon as my head touches the pillow, I become wide awake. If this can help me catch some 'zzzzzz's', I will be eternally grateful! It also contains ginger, which soothes tired muscles - something I need when I've been on my feet after a super busy day!
4. May Day Bath Bomb - £2.95
Something else new for me. I've obviously bought bath bombs before in Lush, but I think this one is a new product and all the proceeds made by them selling this goes to various animal cruelty charities, which is the reason I bought it (and of course it smells lovely too!). Its three main scents and their properties are: fennel oil (cleansing and brightening), rosewood oil (antiseptic) and bergamot oil (uplifting and cleansing). Also, someone left a review for this on lush.co.uk and it has a hidden surprise when it's finished fizzing away! I'm looking forward to that!

I also bought this, You've Been Mangoed Luxury Bath Melt - £3.35, which I couldn't resist using before writing this post. It certainly lives up to its name. I have been well and truly mangoed. It made my skin so so soft, which is probably due to the mix of cocoa, avocado and mango butters, which give your skin a drink and help to soften and moisture it as well. I could definitely still smell mango on my skin the next day!


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the idea of the sleep inducing bath melt! Please tell me if it works, although with two very young, active boys sleep is always welcome!!

    ReplyDelete